New to lacrosse? Or, new to OC Lacrosse? Get your questions answered...
1. What equipment is needed for lacrosse?
Click here to check out our equipment page.
2. What is provided by OC Lacrosse and what does each participant need to bring?
For both girl's and boy's lacrosse, each season will be different as to what we can provide, but we currently have limited equipment that can either be borrowed or rented, depending on the age and type of event (new player clinic vs. camp or season). At a minimum, all players are responsible for their own:
3. What are OC Lacrosse colors?
Our main colors are Cardinal & Carolina Blue. We often use a base of grey, black or white. Each season may be different as to how uniforms are distributed.
4. What are some great ways for participants to practice on their own? (Boy's videos will be added soon)
5. How are grades / ages separated (why is this so complicated and what is "Grad Year")?
The short answer is that lacrosse is evolving quickly and adjusting as it goes. Some organizations, leagues, tournaments, etc., operate differently from each other. A lot of this is dependent on the amount of participation. USA Lacrosse is heading towards breaking down ages, or grades, in one year increments. If you live in an area with less participation, this might be impossible. Each season is subject to change.
What is a "Grad Year". This is the player's high school graduation year. As players enter high school, this is helpful for college coaches in terms of recruiting. Due to this, we often ask for "Grad Year" even for Kinder participants.